HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

. Konichiwa
WELCOME TO BREAK THE CHAINS, an original anime based roleplay. BTC is a no word count site which allows users to interact with others through a play-by-post. Characters; however, must be anime/manga based face claim. Absolutely, no real life characters. There is no direct plot line; members are free to do as they please. However, plot events may occur, and anyone willing to participate may do so.

BTC is a new forum; therefore, member and activity is slow. We warmly welcome new comers; guests and new members alike. Please fill free to lurk around and enjoy as the site slowly progresses. Thanks for stopping by, love. (◠‿◠✿)

We are best viewed in Chrome. If you use IE or FF then things may not look correct, so please don't complain.

. PRAEFECTUS

ADMIN // NOIR

CO-ADMIN // RYUJI

MOD // NONE

Latest topics
» Fairy Tail Serenity Advert
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am by Guest

» Inuyasha's Portal
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:44 pm by Masami Sakuma

» The Shifted: Animation Personified
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:56 pm by Guest

» Site Shipping
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:36 pm by Masami Sakuma

» My Apology
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:17 pm by Mayor

» Scindian Weyr
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:26 am by Guest

» Who's there? [OPEN]
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat May 18, 2013 4:21 pm by Alvero

» No One to Say Goodbye [NOT A Warriors Cat RP]
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:55 am by Ryuji Okumura

» III. Any Ideas.
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:32 pm by Alvero

» What Matters Most (Naga, Mature)
Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm by Masami Sakuma

Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Masami Sakuma

Masami Sakuma

Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Empty
PostSubject: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:08 pm

A mild wind blew through the city park, the trees whispering to the breeze. The clouds in the sky were small and white, the sun shining as bright as ever despite the small aerial invaders. The park was not very active in the early hours of the morning, though some may not call 7:30 that early. Not for any good med school student anyway. Under the shivering shadow of a tree, it's base circled by a low wall of slightly worn bricks, a young woman lounged against the tree's trunk. Her dark violet hair hanging loosely down the back of her neck in a pony tail, her brown eyes scanning a large text book lying on her crossed legs. She wasn't dressed for anything fancy by far, in denim jeans and a black tank top she looked more like she had just been jogging.
That was not far from the truth, she had jogged here to get studying for her exam on vaccines next Friday done. One slender hand reached over to her right and grabbed the aluminum can of tea beside her. The lip of the can hovered before her face for a moment, as she took in the book' knowledge of vaccinations, before taking a drink and setting it back down beside her. But her mind was not with her at the moment, all she could think about was how this tree looked so inviting. There were signs saying stay off the grass, but nothing about the trees. She loved to climb trees as a child, and she had not done it in years now. A sense of nostalgia set in as she shut the book and sighed. Her body was anxious, it needed to move.
She stood on the brick circle, and turned to leap onto a branch of the tree. Hands gripped at every place she could find that could support her weight, and she searched for foot holds as she slowly began her accent. A smile creased across her lips, this was the life.
Back to top Go down
Ryuji Okumura
Night Beasts
Ryuji Okumura

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Iconpost_zpsbcc9cc68 Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Iconpost_zpsbcc9cc68 Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Iconpost_zpsbcc9cc68

It was quite early for him, but his unexpected energy and the bright sun had lured the Dragon outside for a morning walk. Of course he only had about one hours to play the early bird. The bakery wasn't something he could skip. He wasn't as stupid as to do any kind of suspicious move that would cost him. Oh yes, this was a difficult life for someone like him. He would normally wait until a bell rang to wake him up in a luxurious room, a maid bringing his breakfast in bed and two other maids to dress him up. But this was all over. At least for now.

He let a tiny sigh out of his mouth and put his fists into the pockets of his jacket as he continued his walk. He had already reached the park without even realizing it. The area wasn't exactly empty, but it wasn't crowded either. But of course. It was still early. That was good. Ryuji wasn't very fond of noisy areas in the morning. He would just find an empty bench and sit there until his head was clear and ready for another day filled with cakes and bread. That was until his eyes caught something that didn't seem "normal". A woman about the same age as him was literately climbing a tree. The boy just stood there staring at the woman with a lost look and a half open mouth, while a slight breeze started blowing again.

Last edited by Ryuji Okumura on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Masami Sakuma

Masami Sakuma

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:08 pm

She kept pushing herself higher into the mighty tree, slowly beginning to reach the thinner tips of the branches. Masa's brown eyes scanned the tree, and with a pull of her upper body strength she began to lift herself onto a thick branch. Quickly lifting her left leg to plant her foot on the rough surface she pushed up, the other leg catching fast and turning to place herself onto the thick limb. She was about twenty feet off the ground now, and smiled as she felt the breeze rustle her dark purple tresses. She wasn't alone anymore, that sensation of being watched filled her and she looked down.
A young man around the same age as her had been watching her climb this tree. He looked lost, and shocked at the same time, that only made Masa laugh softly.
'What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen someone climb a tree before? Or is it that because I'm a girl you're a little shocked that I would be climbing a tree?"
Even if that statement was a little sexist she could see the logic in it as well. It wasn't every day some random guy walked through the park and saw a woman like her climbing a tree.
Back to top Go down
Ryuji Okumura
Night Beasts
Ryuji Okumura

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Iconpost_zpsbcc9cc68 Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Iconpost_zpsbcc9cc68 Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Iconpost_zpsbcc9cc68

After a moment or two, Ryuji was forced to snap out of his confused state. He shook his head lightly after the woman spoke to him. He didn't talk for another five seconds or so. He just put on his stiff emotionless face and tried to realize the current situation. A young woman was currently twenty feet over the ground, sitting on a tree, talking to him. His facial characteristics quickly relaxed and he closed his eyes for a moment before replying.

"Actually, it's neither one."

He opened his mouth to continue, but closed it again. He made a second thought. Was it really neither of the two? Sure he had seem people climbing trees, but he couldn't recall seeing a girl do it. Especially a grown up girl. Early in the morning. Urgh... Is it even important? Practically, this wasn't an important matter. He could just walk off and forget about the incident. But no. Leaving would mean admitting defeat. Yes, he had taken it that seriously. He crossed his previosly hidden hands and raised his head like some proud puppy.

"I have seen both genders climbing a tree. I just thought of how it is such a useless and non profitable action for someone to perform."

A little white lie wouldn't hurt. Especially if it meant victory over something.

Last edited by Ryuji Okumura on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Masami Sakuma

Masami Sakuma

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:37 pm

The young man wasn't bad looking, he must've been about a year or so younger then Masa was. He had such an odd color for hair, not that she was one to talk with her purple locks. He opened his mouth to respond but paused in thought, and Masa made the next move. She shifted her weight, and jumped down onto a lower branch on the tree. It groaned with the sudden weight gain for a moment before she leaped the remaining ten feet to the ground. Useless?
"I don't think so, it's fun and good exercise."
she stated bluntly, really no emotion in her tone, just saying it plainly and calmly. She stretched her arms high above her head, feeling her shoulders pop and bringing them back down to their places at her sides.
"Something tells me you didn't really have such a fun childhood. To me climbing a tree makes me feel proud, it isn't easy to climb them you know so doing so is quite a personal victory if you ask me."
Back to top Go down
Ryuji Okumura
Night Beasts
Ryuji Okumura

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:54 pm

"My childhood was better than you could ever imagine!"

His voice got louder for a moment. His clenched his fists and tried to calm down from the sudden outrage. His childhood was better than hers. His childhood was better than anyone else's. It was and no one would change his thoughts on this subject. Ryuji had tried to erase part of his younger years, living in his memory only the joyful moments of his life. It had taken him quite some time to do that and he wouldn't let anyone interfere with his perfect memory.

He cleared his throat and shifted in his position for a moment to get back to his original state. He still had enough time to argue with this woman until his morning job started. He would leave her defeated no matter what. The fact that the person in front of him was shorter motivated him even more.

"Even a baby can climb a tree. It is just a trivial matter in life. It's like eating an apple. You shouldn't be proud of it."

Last edited by Ryuji Okumura on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Masami Sakuma

Masami Sakuma

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:06 pm

'Now that is just a flat out lie, a baby can't climb a tree! They do not have the upper body strength, and most can't even walk yet. In fact I say no one has the ability to climb a tree until they are five or six!"
Masa pressed her fists against her hips, trying too keep her temper but quickly losing it. What a jerk this guy was turning out to be.
"And you know what, I am proud of it, because I did it myself. I enjoyed doing it, and if you enjoy doing something that just makes you feel more proud! I am proud because it's what I love to do, it is one of the parts that make me who I am."
Back to top Go down
Ryuji Okumura
Night Beasts
Ryuji Okumura

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Ryuji frowned at the woman's exclaims. She was too proud. Proud people was something he couldn't stand. He himself was the epitome of proud, but of course he couldn't realize it and he probably never would. Two stubborn and proud people arguing with each other never had a good ending. And it wasn't likely for one of the two to back down any time soon.The Dragon on his side had already taken his decision some time ago. For the rest of his free time, he would continue to argue with her until he gained victory in a physically invisible battle.

"Maybe you're a tad bit too proud, Miss. If everyone was proud of everything they did and enjoyed then the whole world would fall apart."

Well, he wasn't exactly sure f his statement was true, but he had to say something. What an irony for someone as proud as him to say such things to someone else.

Last edited by Ryuji Okumura on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Masami Sakuma

Masami Sakuma

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 2:47 pm

"I think you are the one who is too proud to be honest. You're pride is making you an extremely difficult person, if I wasn't trying to learn how to control my anger better I would have decked you by now, but you make a good patients lesson.'
She smirked softly as he eyes closed. His wounded ego would do hers quite good.
"At any rate how old are you? You are not twenty like me yet so why not start acting your age? Fitting though, I am learning to become a pediatrician, maybe your childish state of mind can be my first customer?"
Her eyes opened to look at him as she turned her side to him, and she smirked even wider. This was kind of fun, he was begging for this type of treatment anyway s why not give it to him?
Back to top Go down
Ryuji Okumura
Night Beasts
Ryuji Okumura

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Oh that had done it. How dare she call him proud and dishonest! His crossed arms were now loose next to his sides, his fists clenched with anger. He barely managed to hide his growling teeth as he pressed his lips together tightly before opening them again to loudly reply to the woman in front of him But he closed them again. He couldn't find the right words to come back at her. He started getting desperate and a defeated feeling replaced his overconfidence. She wasn't only calling him proud. She was also calling him childish.

When he finally started calming down, he took another look at his "enemy". The woman was indeed too full of herself at the moment. Her satisfied smirk was exceeding normal. Ryuji wasn't very smart, but he through the years, he had learned how to take advantage of someone's weakness. It was essential for his job anyway. Taking advantage of the height issue that only he seemed to notice, he relaxed his stature and quickly came up with a reply.

"And how did you assume that I am any younger than you? Looking young doesn't mean I am not older than you."

Back to top Go down
Masami Sakuma

Masami Sakuma

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:53 pm

"Simple, the way you act, you're personality is far too childish. You are rash and very angry, all tell tale signs of a teenager. Either that or your teenage years are not far behind you, trust me, I know these things I'm studying to be a doctor."
She stated rather flatly, once again no real emotion behind it. She checked the time on her phone and grimaced, she had to get home.
"As much...fun as this little meeting was junior, I have to get moving. I have much studying to do, and I do not want to continue this conversation. I do not even know your name and you almost make me public enemy number one to yourself."
She said softly as she picked up her things and placed her books in her bag.
"I do hope next time you are a bit nicer, you are kinda cute after all. Well, have a nice life."
She waved over her shoulder and began walking away, leaving him in the wake of her exit.
Back to top Go down
Ryuji Okumura
Night Beasts
Ryuji Okumura

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Too straight forward. She just brushed off every single bit of effort he had put into his reply. What was up with this woman? Ah seriously... He would start thinking of something better to say to her, but after checking the time on her watch, she just bid him a sour "goodbye" and left. He messed with his loose hair a bit to get his frustration out and took the road to the bakery. He would get her next time. For sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}   Some Form of Distraction {Ryu} Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Form of Distraction {Ryu}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Break The Chains :: ATTRACTIONS OF YEOLEUM :: PARK-
Jump to: